Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2017

Frozen Pumpkin Chai Latte

It may not be September yet, but some of the pumpkins in my garden were ready to harvest! I'm suppressing the urge to eat them right away, knowing I'll want them more in October. So they are curing and in the mean time I'm eating canned pumpkin. There's a half-eaten can in my fridge that I'm using here and there: in smoothies, Toby's birthday cake...

I saw a recipe on Pinterest for something similar to this, but it was more than half ice cream. Not wanting ice cream for breakfast, I decided to try a healthy version.



Ingredients:
1 cup ice
12oz brewed and chilled coffee
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup milk, soy/nut milk, or half and half
1 TBS honey, agave or maple syrup
Sprinkle of cardamom

Put all ingredients in blender and liquefy! Makes one big latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment