Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

Strawberry chocolate banana smoothie

This is probably the smoothest smoothie I have ever had and I made it by accident. I was just going to make a strawberry smoothie with the strawberries I had frozen from last year's harvest. But as I was putting them in the blender, I realized they were probably still pretty delicious on their own and I didn't want to chuck them in a blender like they were some crappy half-ripe ones from the store. So I improvised the rest. I think I will have to repeat this many times. The flavors are all subtle and meld together wonderfully.



Ingredients:
6 frozen strawberries
1.5 bananas, sliced and frozen
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 TBS agave nectar or other liquid sweetener (or sugar. Y'know, whatever.)
2 cups milk (I used almond milk)

Directions:
Combine everything except the milk in a blender and pulse till you have tiny chunks. Add the milk and whir it up to smoothie consistency. You may want to start with one cup of milk and work your way up - some people like their smoothies almost ice cream-like, while some people like a slightly thick juice, and I'm not here to tell you how to live your life. So add whatever amount of milk gets you to the consistency you like. This recipe makes it kind of in the middle, and makes two 12oz-ish smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment